Tuesday 17 July 2012

Mary Katrantzou AW2012 Harvey Nichols

Today Mary Katrantzou's Autumn Winter 2012 Collection became available online at Harvey Nichols and yet again she has outdone herself. Mary Katrantzou is one of my favourite designers because from a print designers point of view she is just incredible. Her prints are original, striking and her detail in her prints is sensational. She recently has got quite a lot of press due to having a collection with Topshop however I'm not jumping on some bandwagon hype, I know how hard it is to create such an effective and detailed print for fashion therefore I can see how good she actually is.
Having a look on the Harvey Nichols website the pricing isn't actually too much, the cheapest item a scarf at £355 to the most expensive of £1,465.00 for a dress. However there is a dress in the collection which is extremely striking and perhaps one of my favourites which is only £480. I see her garments as beautiful artwork so for me the price tags on her collection are very reasonable.

I've featured a few images underneath of the collection.









No comments:

Post a Comment